Interested in leveraging the Microsoft Azure cloud? In addition to the product itself, Microsoft builds an entire ecosystem of support for their partners to empower their success. Here are some key Microsoft support resources to get you started.
1. Join the Microsoft Partner Network
The Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) offers tech companies a variety of resources to build their business offerings around Microsoft technologies. MPN gives companies product licenses, technical support, and online training, as well as access to connect and collaborate within its partner ecosystem.
The MPN provides three types of memberships. Participate in the program at the level that suits your unique needs to help your business grow:
- Network Member: Receive a set of no-cost introductory benefits to help you save times and money. This helps new partners build your first cloud practice and discover key next steps to grow your business.
- Microsoft Action Pack (MAP): This is an affordable yearly subscription for businesses looking to build and grow their Microsoft practice in the cloud through a wide range of software benefits.
- Competency: Access more support, software and training to accelerate your success. As a competency partner, you can earn both gold and silver competencies in one or more areas to showcase your best-in-class capabilities within a Microsoft solution area.
2. Leverage the Azure Mentor Program
After obtaining a valid MAP or competency, you are eligible to participate in the Azure Mentor Program (AMP). The program provides partners with customized technical training and pre-sales to deployment support to build your Azure and/or EMS business.
Successful completion of the AMP would result in:
- 5 Azure solutions successfully deployed within 6 months
- Ability to achieve the Silver Cloud Platform Competency
- Ability to build a profitable Azure and/or EMS practice
3. Sell through Azure Marketplace
Azure Marketplace is an online store that enables ecosystem partners to offer their solutions to enterprises and Azure customers around the world. Within a single, unified platform, customers can easily search, purchase, and deploy your solutions on Azure with just a few clicks. The process of getting your solution listed in Azure Marketplace is referred to as getting Microsoft Azure Certified, one of the benefits from the Silver Cloud Competency from the MPN.
Azure Marketplace is also a place to discover and leverage other solutions that can complement your current offerings. You can find new partnership opportunities and resell cloud solutions through thousands of software applications and services certified by Microsoft to run on Azure.