A lot of exciting things took place in 2018. From Microsoft Azure developments to MyCloudIT’s work behind the scenes. If you haven’t read it yet, our 2018 Year in Review has you covered!
Now let’s take a look at 2019…
5 Trends to Keep an Eye On
In 2019, we will continue to see growth and expansion in several areas of the cloud. While they are not new, they will continue to be used more with increased adoption. Below is a list of 5 trends to keep an eye on as we get into 2019.
- Blockchain – Blockchain was created for currency transaction management but continues to expand out of that function and become a bigger part of other business functions.
- Internet of Things (IoT) – While the lack of skill and resources has slowed IoT down a bit, it seems to be finally turning a corner as companies start to see successes internally and eventually externally. This trend will continue to grow over the next 5 years.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – More areas of business will continue to test out ways to use AI to help create intelligent tools and get real time information.
- Machine Learning (ML) – When paired with AI, Machine Learning can provide a lot of value for an organization. Together they will continue to create smart business operations.
- Security – Security will continue to be top of mind for most in the industry. As other trends continue to progress, security will always be something to consider.
What to Expect for…
According to Gartner, the market is expected to double in revenue to $302 billion over the next 3 years as more companies move to the cloud. The adoption rate is expected to increase to 85% in 2019, up from 58% in 2016. Consistent with LogicMonitor’s survey, they predict 41% of enterprise workloads will be on public cloud platforms by 2020, 20% on private cloud, and 22% on hybrid cloud platforms. Additionally, on-prem workloads will go from 37% to 27% by 2020.
As a whole, it is important to recognize what Microsoft has created around technology such as Azure. “The sheer number of companies, employees, service providers, and solutions that rely on Microsoft's innovation is impressive. The company truly touches every aspect of the business world”. Microsoft will continue to help not only push technology innovation forward in the future, but the vendors who work alongside Microsoft. Microsoft will continue to move the market forward in the coming years. Make sure to keep a close eye on them as the industry continues to change.
Government in the Cloud
One area that has continued to evolve is the government. As the government continues to move to the cloud, platforms like Microsoft Azure have been working on developing platforms with capabilities just for government agencies. Some of those include:
- Consistent app platform across cloud and edge
- Holistic security
- Single identity management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Comprehensive intelligent edge portfolio to meet every need
Microsoft Azure will continue to meet the growing demand and requirements of the US Government in the years to come. From Azure IoT to Azure Stack, these innovations make it possible to help the government improve their services. The company’s intent is "to deliver Azure Government services to meet the highest classification requirements, with capabilities for handling top secret U.S. classified data". More can be expected in 2019 as Microsoft continues to find strategic partners and provide the latest technology.
And last, but not least…
In addition to the industry, MyCloudIT also looks to have several exciting changes coming in 2019. Behind the scenes, we are working to create a new platform that will make your job easier. From advanced monitoring and alerts to improved billing capabilities, our platform will be bigger and better! We can’t wait to share it with you. Make sure to subscribe to our blog below to stay up to date on our latest updates.
Happy New Year and cheers to a prosperous and profitable 2019!