Microsoft Azure provides an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solution that offers the flexibility to build almost anything. The problem with this level of flexibility, and the options it provides, is the additional complexity it creates. When you use the Azure portal, you must specify every detail of your implementation, which is good if you understand the details required. The downside to this approach is it makes the focus on the solution more difficult because of all the detail required.
Check out these pros and cons of using the Microsoft Azure Portal.
Azure Portal Pros
- You have plenty of options and can configure each detailed option to meet your needs
- The Azure Portal provides the granularity to create almost any solution needed
- There are some wizard-driven mini-solutions in the portal to make it easier to define all the details, but no complete wizard-driven solutions exist
Azure Portal Cons
- All the options within Azure are available for your customization, which means you need to understand all the options and whether you need them or not
- There are a LOT of options!
- If you build 5 different solutions, all 5 are most likely different
- There is very little automation
To help combat this issue, MyCloudIT has developed a platform to help reduce the complexity. As a quick overview, MyCloudIT is an automation and management platform that builds solutions within Azure without having to deal with the complexity of Azure. Instead of having to build all of details of your solution manually, MyCloudIT provides a wizard-driven approach to building a solution for you or your customers. MyCloudIT focuses on building solutions that move your business forward by offering a short list of 10-15 questions, then the automation creates your solution in about 90 minutes. As a result, MyCloudIT eliminates the need to manually build your solution and provides consistency across multiple solutions so configurations are consistent and easier to manage / update over time.